Monday, January 7, 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days- Day 6

"Sledding Fun"
Oil Painting on Museum Quality Panel
8" x 8"


Okay, so here we are on day six. Since I was touching up yesterday's painting this morning, it feels like I've done two today! 
I chose to paint this one for two reasons. First, because I haven't done a self portrait yet and thought it would be fun to try. The second reason was because I'm not a cold weather person and so I rarely go outside to hang out it in. If you read my blog a few days ago I mentioned our attempt to build a snowman that failed. This failure turned out to be a big win because my daughter talked me into staying outside to "play".  We made a snow angel and then broke out the sleds to make some runs. Not only did we both have a good time, more importantly, we made a memory! 
I know it really meant a lot to Evie that I took the time to do something she loves with her. She kept saying "Thanks Mom" all day long. 

So..the take home message..take time out to PLAY LIKE A KID WITH YOUR KIDS! It will make you both feel great!

Have a HAPPY DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )