Wednesday, January 16, 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days- Day 15 SOLD

"Red Amaryllis"
in Oil on Museum Quality Panel
10" x 8"
SOLD


We are on day 15...the halfway point in our 30 day challenge! So far I feel that I have adjusted to this new daily habit and I've enjoyed the results of pushing myself. I've always started each morning with a daily devotional and painting almost feels like an extension of that. Painting, similar to writing in a journal, is a way of expressing yourself. : )

For the past couple of days I've tried to steer away from the "blues". As I am constantly told that blue seems to be a common theme in most of my work. Today I decided to paint in lipstick red and went with a winter flower. The intensity of this painting reflects the migraine headache  I experienced today. I do like to put my emotions into my paintings, but I didn't think Migraine would work to well in the title. 

I am also expecting this challenge to become more "challenging" in the very near future..my daughter in Seattle is showing signs of pre-labor as she is nearing her due date! I wonder if they would allow me to set up an easel at the hospital? 

Stay tuned for more updates!


2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites of the "challenge" paintings of all of us; it is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Cindy, that is a great compliment!

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )