Tuesday, January 15, 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days- Day 14

"Twirling Poppies"
in Oil on Museum Quality Panel
6" x 6"

Click here for purchase information.

This morning I had a little dilemma.... my shipment of art supplies, that was supposed to have arrived last week, was delayed due to the weather. My choice of canvas sizes for today's painting was either a 2'x4' ginormous panel or an itty bitty 1" square. Neither choice was too appealing. Luckily, my stalling/praying tactic worked and the shipment arrived this afternoon! Whew!

Today my daughter and I studied Georgia O'Keeffe in our Meet The Masters art program and it's what inspired today's choice of subject matter. This poppy reminded me of dancers twirling around the room so the title was chosen. 

Does anyone else feel like choosing a title is one of the most challenging parts of painting? It seems like I spend more time doing that, and photographing, and posting etc;..than actually working on the piece! Why don't I ever remember to think of a title WHILE I'm painting?

Tomorrow is a new day..maybe I will remember!

Have a GREAT evening!



4 comments:

  1. Before I started reading I noticed it resembled Georgia O'Keefe! Lol. Nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL Twirling colors!! Title's for your paintings will get easier. After having trouble myself, it comes to me easier now. I am more conscious that I need thoughtful titles after years of waiting till the last minute. Now, while I am sitting up the still life, during or afterwards the ideas come to my head.
    What a lucky daugter you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and better than O'Keefe! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )