Tuesday, May 29, 2012

                          "Mountain Poppies" SOLD

Mountain Poppies 
8x8 in Oil on Museum Quality Panel


I sold this piece on Memorial Day which seemed to be the perfect timing for the dear lady who purchased it. She was looking through my collection of works and when she saw this piece she said without hesitation "I want this painting!" There was an immediate connection for her that she went on to explain... 
"When I was 10 years old my twin sister and I lived in an orphanage. There was a field nearby that we used to run through that looked so much like this. My sister has passed away from cancer, but when I saw this painting I immediately saw my sister and it brought back those precious memories I shared with her."
Of course as she told this story I was trying not to allow the tears to well up in my eyes, not only for her, but for my own sisters who have both gone through a battle with cancer this past year. I cannot imagine being in this woman's shoes as I am so blessed that I still have both of my sisters with me while she stood holding a painting that was a reminder of hers. 

It is moments like this that I cherish what I do. To know that my work can touch someones heart and in doing so can bring such joy to mine.


If you have been following my blog you know that this month we have been working to raise money for The Race for the Cure.
The race will be held this Sunday June 3rd in Seattle, WA. I will be there walking hand in hand with my sisters and many other family members and friends under team name Hope, Faith and Gods Grace. 


As I have mentioned before, with the purchase of any item through my Art & Soul print shop http://jacquelinebrewerart.imagekind.com/store/ I will donate 50% of the proceeds to cancer research. To order a print simply click on the link above and then click on galleries to view available works. You will then have the option to order a print framed or unframed or have a  giclee made on canvas. 
Since this is the last week before the race I have decided to offer all of my prints at a discounted rate through this weekend. So for those of you who have been considering making a purchase now would be the time to do so!




“Sometimes, on our way through the world, we meet someone who touches our heart in a way others don't.”

Philip Reeve

It is up to us to decide if we are going to be that person. : )


Wishing you a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )