Thursday, January 24, 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days- Day 23


"Poppy Dance"
in Oil on Museum Quality Panel
6" x 6"
$100

Click here for purchase information.

Sorry for the cruddy photo of today's painting. I could not for the life of me get a decent one!
I guess that's the disadvantage of being away from your studio, stuck without good lighting. In real life, the left side of the painting is not washed out I promise. 

I went with a stormy grey sky to contrast the red of the poppies dancing in the wind...to classical music of course. : )

Have a great night friends!




3 comments:

  1. beautiful colors and I love the gray sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love poppies! They are one of my favorites... besides sunflowers. ;) awesome painting mama! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These poppies are just great - what I really like is the work you did on the stems and greenery - they appear to be the ebbing and flowing and glowing and swirling. Nice - I love the butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )