Monday, September 16, 2013

Sun Gazing

Sun Gazing
12" x 12" 
in Oil on Museum Quality Panel

Click here for purchase information.

There is a field of sunflowers along the highway just North of Spokane with thousands of sunflowers as far as the eye can see. Their golden faces smiling brightly in the warm glow of the summer sun. Actually I learned that while the sunflower is in the bud stage it tends to track the movement of the sun. But once the flowers open they always face East, some say this is to protect the sunflower kernel from scalding in the hot sun. I say, who doesn't love the feel of the warm sun on your back? : )
Because the sunflower has almost human like qualities it was a favorite subject to paint among some of the famous Europeans artists such as Van Gogh and Picasso. I like to paint them because they are so cheerful and happy!

I just happened to receive TWO beautiful bouquets of sunflowers this week...one from my hunk of a husband and another from my sweet sister. I am feeling the love!

Have a Beautiful Day!



But I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )