Friday, February 8, 2013

Summer Paddle

"Summer Paddle"
in Oil on Museum Quality Panel
14" x 11"
SOLD


The 30 day challenge ended last week and this is my first post challenge painting. After being away from home for two weeks I needed a bit of time to unpack and re-group. 
This painting is for my father-in-law's upcoming 70th birthday, (sssshhhh...it's a surprise!) This is one of his custom built canoes and they were christening it with a paddle around the lake. He is quite a talented fellow, as he has built several beautiful homes, canoes, and also takes special requests for custom knives on a regular basis. Not to mention the various projects like furniture, gazebos, and pretty much whatever you can think of. 
He tried to steal the painting I made for my husband's birthday, so I thought I should give him one of his own. : )

Happy Birthday Papa Brewer!!!





5 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed looking at your blog. Congratulations on the beautiful new granddaughter.
    Wishing a long, happy and healthy life for her.

    This canoe painting sings with beautiful sunny color. I admire your father-in-law for making such a beautiful craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie, I have also enjoyed following your blog. I'm looking forward to having a moment to view your new Art Byte! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your father-in-law is a very lucky guy. This painting is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your father-in-law is a very lucky guy. This painting is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )