Thursday, February 14, 2013

I Think I Can

"I Think I Can"
in Oil on Museum Quality Panel
18"x 14"
Private Collection

Click here to purchase a print of this image.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I started this painting almost a year ago but it never felt quite right, so I tucked it away. Yesterday I decided to dig it back out and give it another go. This is a painting of one of my sweethearts Evelyn. It was her very first day riding her bike without training wheels. As you can see she was quiet nervous, but dad did a great job of giving directions. They had already been practicing when I arrived at the park and she was so excited to show me what daddy had taught her. As I pulled out the camera she said "Watch this mom!" and hopped on the bike. She got off to a wobbly start, then got it under control. She circled around and I was cheering away while snapping photos. As I looked over at dad he was choked up with pride, it was one of those unforgettable moments. Until the next moment when I looked back at Evie and...BAM...she had smacked right into a tree! It was like a record coming to a screeching halt. I ran over to ask if she was okay and she said "Yep, I'm fine.", "Dad told me to stop like that if I needed to." Apparently my husbands first bike didn't have brakes, so this was the alternate method of stopping! Of course he did tell her that using her brakes was the best method and should always be the first choice in stopping the bike. : )

Wishing all of you a wonderful day filled with LOVE for your family and friends!

"I'm Doing It!"

"The Tree"

"Happy Ending"


1 comment:

  1. OMG - This is SO SWEET - great painting, great story! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )