Monday, August 12, 2013

The Splendor of Fall

"The Splendor of Fall"
12" x 12" 
in Oil on Museum Quality Panel

Click here for purchase information.

Have you ever witnessed such beauty in death as when the Fall leaves change color? What a magnificent display to behold! The vibrant colors swirling about as the breeze carries the leaves gently to their resting place. I am awed and amazed every year when Fall rolls around and then again in Spring when life begins anew. God is definitely the master artist in my book! 

Ecclesiasties 3:1-8

 To every thing there is a season, and time to every purpose under the heaven:A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.    


When I look at this scripture, I am reminded of how fleeting life really is. As I live more years, I am amazed at how fast each second, minute, hour, day, week, month and year passes. As the seasons continue to change, remember to make the most of your time.

: )


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've really missed your paintings and blog posts. I hope to see more your work and writings more often! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind comments. I have been on a little break and as I mentioned in today's blog time has slipped by quickly! I have missed painting as well..it's nice to get back to the easel. : )

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )