Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Monroe Street Bridge

Monroe Street Bridge
in Oil on Museum Quality Panel
12" x 12"
$165

Click here for purchase information.

I'm currently working on a series of paintings featuring the "Best of Spokane" for an upcoming exhibit. This is a night scene of the Monroe Street Bridge, which is an arch bridge that spans the Spokane River downtown. The bridge was built in 1911 and at that time it was the largest concrete-arch bridge in the United States and the third longest in the world! I just love the  architecture of this bridge, it is definitely a work of art and adds so much ambiance to the downtown scene. 

I'm including a daytime image of the entire bridge so you can appreciate it's beauty. : )

Have a wonderful evening!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )