Monday, March 11, 2013

Duncan Gardens

"Duncan Gardens"
 Oil on Canvas
48" x 24"

Click here for purchase information.

One of my favorite places to spend time during the summer is on a park bench overlooking Duncan Gardens. It is so amazingly beautiful it's overwhelming. I love to watch the people strolling along the paths...some walking their dogs, some with kids, who can't help but pick a flower, and others just walking hand in hand. Many times you will see wedding parties all dressed up taking photos. One year on the morning of our anniversary, Bob and I picked up some lattes and arrived at the park just in time to watch the sun rise over the trees...it was so peaceful. On another occasion we enjoyed a gourmet dinner with family, as the Spokane Symphony performed in the garden. Somehow it just seems that formal gardens and classical music fit perfectly together. 
There is a grassy hill alongside the stairs leading down into the garden, which is the perfect spot to lay out a blanket. Our daughter likes to start at the top of the hill and roll down to the bottom over and over again. She talked me into rolling down with her once last year...she was very surprised when I actually agreed to do it and afterward said "Wow! You never see moms do that!" She gave me the cool mom of the day award, which was totally worth that moment of awkwardness. : )

I'm so excited that Spring is on the way! Looking forward to another gorgeous season at the park and all of the wonderful memories it brings. 

Have a wonderful day friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to read your comments, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! : )